Many consider beard as a “sign of masculinity”. There is no denying that a nice beard elevates a man’s look.
From Leonardo Di Caprio to Lionel Messi and Joe Manganiello, celebrities also like to sport beards to look good.
If you also want to add an edge to your appearance, then there is nothing more appealing than to grow a beard.
However, if you are someone who doesn’t have a beard or grow facial hair as easily as others, you may need some help.
Namely, with an appropriate derma roller, you can also grow a face full of beard to impress others.
Therefore, to help you find the best derma roller for beard growth, in this article, we discussed every aspect you should know about a derma roller and beard growth.
Additionally, we also listed the best micro-needling tools in the market so that finding the best tool never felt easier.
Check: Best Derma Roller for Body
Derma Rollers Top Picks at a Glance
If you see the value in these products and choose to purchase via my referral links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- Alphaluxy Derma Roller For Beard Growth
- Young17 Beard Growth Derma Roller
- SanDine Silky Skin Micro Needle Roller
- Beard Growth Kit By Crafted Beards
Don’t have time? Here is a quick comparison of our favorites!
Top 4 Derma Rollers for Beard Growth
The market is full of derma rollers from different brands with different features and factors.
However, not all of them are suitable for your beard growth. We spent hours researching various derma rollers to find the best derma roller for beard growth in the market.
Therefore, let’s compare some of our picks to understand why we chose some over the others.
Ranking Position: 1
Our Opinion: Excellent for Sensitive Male Skin
If you are looking for the best derma roller to help you with your beard growth, then this Micro-needling Derma Roller from Alphaluxy is the right one.
Besides incorporating all the features we want in a derma roller to stimulate beard growth in men, this micro-needling tool is also super lightweight, easy to control, and most importantly, it comes with several safety certifications that helped grab the top position on our list.
Firstly, let’s talk about its safety measures to understand why this tool is also suitable to use on extremely sensitive skin.
Alphaluxy incorporated hypoallergenic micro-needles in this derma roller to ensure maximum safety for the users’ skin.
Namely, the hypoallergenic needles are less likely to cause any allergic reaction on your face and therefore, can be used without fear of any skin irritations or allergies.
In addition to the hypoallergenic needles, this derma roller also includes CE and ISO Certifications to ensure additional safety and security to the users.
The CE Certification means that the tool is safe for your health and the environment.
While the ISO Certification implies that the needles are gamma sterilized (a medical caliber sterilization procedure) to provide 100% safety during the micro-needling sessions and make sure that they don’t result in any potential health or skin problem.
Furthermore, this micro-needling derma roller includes a medium roller head that incorporates 540 microneedles to help promote your facial hair growth promptly.
These needles penetrate the tough male skin easily and create micro-injuries to increase collagen and keratin production for quicker beard growth.
Moreover, the needles of this tool are made from strong titanium material to provide the best painless micro-needling experience to its users.
They are extremely sharp and strong and thus, can penetrate men’s tough skin without causing any pain or uncomfortableness.
Furthermore, since these micro-tip needles are very sturdy, they don’t break or bend while puncturing through the skin.
Another excellent feature of these micro-needles is their size. At 0.50mm of length, they are the perfect size to puncture through the dermis layer and stimulate stem cells and blood circulation to promote beard growth promptly.
Moreover, since these are not too long, they won’t get stuck in your beard (if you already have one).
Thus, you can smoothly glide it through your face without worrying about any beard loss.
Additionally, this derma roller rejuvenates the skin and removes dead cells from the surface of your face.
- Ergonomically designed handle provides a strong and anti-slip grip
- Vacuum sealed roller ensures the highest level of safety and sterilization
- Includes a 100% organic beard growth serum
- Lightweight and compact for easy maneuvering
- Weight and protective box makes it suitable for traveling
- The roller is enclosed in a hard plastic box for protection
- 90 days, 100% Money-Back Guarantee
Ranking Position: 2
Our Opinion: Expensive But Worth the Price
If budget is not a problem, then this Derma Roller from Young17 is your best choice.
This masculine-looking derma roller is an effective tool that incorporates all the features we look for in a derma roller tool to grow a beard in men successfully.
This Young17 micro-needling tool is an excellent device to help you grow your beard and give a brand new look without much effort.
Let’s start with its needles. This micro-needling derma roller includes a medium head roller that incorporates 540 microneedles to provide a smooth and effective rolling experience.
Constructed with high-quality titanium material, these tiny needles are strong, sturdy, and sharp.
Which are committed to providing you a painless micro-needling session.
These sharp needles can puncture through your skin effortlessly without causing any pain or tearing any tissues that could result in future infections.
Additionally, as titanium doesn’t rust or corrode, it adds to the hygiene factor of the needles and makes sure that your skin is safe from severe infections and contaminations.
In addition to the sharpness, the length of these needles also helps get through the dermis layer effectively.
The 0.50mm long needles create thousands of microscopic injuries in the skin and boost collagen and keratin production to influence beard growth quickly.
These microscopic channels also help absorb the beard care products allowing them to work from within for a faster outcome.
- Plastic storage box for protection and easy portability
- Includes a Natural Beard Growth oil
- Easy to carry around thanks to its weight
- Anti-slip handle design
- Includes a beard comb and balm
- 90 days, 100% Money-Back Guarantee
Check: Pretmess Lights Kit
Ranking Position: 3
Our Opinion: CE and ISO Certified to Ensure the Best Quality and Maximum Safety
This sleek, shiny looking micro-needling tool from SanDine Silky Skin easily attracts the gaze of customers.
But its good looks and budget-friendly price tag is not the only reason we consider this derma roller as one of the top products on our list.
In talking about safe micro-needling, let’s also discuss the safety measures of this derma roller that makes it different from the others in the market.
To provide the best quality rolling session and ensuring maximum safety to its users, this micro-needling tool includes CE, RoHS and ISO Certifications so that there is zero to minimal risk when you use for beard growth.
Moreover, while the CE Certification is a certification mark that indicates the health, safety, and environmental protection of the roller, RoHS Certified means that the roller is not hazardous and doesn’t include any dangerous components that have the potential to cause health or skin problems.
Additionally, even though these certifications are EEA standards, they are just as effective in the US.
Another excellent safety measure of this SanDine Silky Skin derma roller is that it comes with micro-needles that are gamma sterilized according to ISO 11137.
Gamma sterilization is medical-grade sterilization that dismisses the possibility of an allergic reaction through the needles while ensuring 100% safety during the micro-needling sessions.
Furthermore, SanDine Silky Skin incorporated non-allergenic, high-quality titanium constructed needles in this tool to add more safety.
In addition to being super safe and hygienic, these microneedles are also extremely strong, sturdy, sharp, and can penetrate the tough skin of men’s faces without causing problems.
Furthermore, the 540 needles count on the medium roller head also ensures a painless rolling session.
These highly packed, 0.3mm needles puncture through your skin quickly and perfectly.
Hence, when you roll it over your beard area, these tiny needles create microscopic holes in your skin instantly to avoid inflicting pain.
Another great feature of these 0.3mm titanium needles is that they are the right size to reach the dermis layer of the skin.
To stimulate collagen, keratin, and hair growth hormone to help your beard grow.
- 0.64 ounces of weight makes this roller extremely lightweight
- Ergonomically designed, non-slip handle
- Premium hard plastic protective case
- Available in different needle sizes
- 60-day warranty
- ✔ The Same Results for a Tiny Part of the Cost – Professional dermal rollers sessions can be expensive. It would literally cost you hundreds of dollars to do them in beauty salons. No More! Your SanDine Silky Skin micro needling roller is designed for home use so that you can use it more often and get the same results at a better price.
- ✔ 100% Purchase Guarantee – the titanium derma roller kit is backed by 100% guarantee that you are fully satisfied with your product or receive your money back. If you are not fully satisfied with your beauty roller, simply contact us and we will make sure to make it right
- ✔ Safe an Painless – Dermatologists confirm 0.3mm size of the needles is perfect for home use. It provides ideal balance between safety, painless application and effective results. The high-grade titanium microneedles guarantee your beauty tool will remain strong and durable for long.
- ✔ The Glow that Gets you Compliments – When rolling on your skin, this microneedle roller exfoliates your skin helping you to achieve smoother look and feel. With hundreds of customers reporting visible results after only a few sessions – you can’t be wrong.
- ✔ Give Beauty as a Gift – You can delight your beloved women with this skin care system. You can help them feel confident and beautiful every single day. Buy it for your darling wife, dear mom or another precious friend. Give them beauty as a gift!
Ranking Position: 4
Our Opinion: Best for Super-sensitive Skin
Finally, here’s an interesting beard growing kit that helps grow out a healthier-looking beard and also gives you a clean manly scent your woman would love!
The oil doesn’t leave a horrible smell like regular beard oils on the market. What is more interesting about this kit are the rollers.
If you are familiar with derm rollers, they are similar and offer the same skin benefits. They do an amazing job of stimulating hair from the roots. If you thought that your beard would not look any better, think again.
Here’s a review of the items included in this unique beard growth kit:
- Beard rollers – The rollers will give you an at-home spa experience. The package comes with beard rollers that work as if they were massaging the face. This helps with hair growth stimulation. They poke a bit (give a tingling feeling but don’t hurt at all) but will overall leave you with a therapeutic feeling after.
- Growth serum – The serum is packed with premium organic oils like jojoba and castor. Both oils are known to promote fuller and healthy beard growth. The serum has a thick but almost scentless consistency, so you’ll avoid any funky smell during and after grooming. Additionally, it is nicely bottled in a container that comes with a dropper for easy application.
- Supplement – This kit also comes with a bottle of hair growth supplements. It’s a good mix of collagen and biotin that helps grow out hair faster. External stimulation may not be enough so taking the supplements regularly, helps.
If you want a fast and effective beard growing kit, this product is definitely worth a try. It’s safe, natural, and it works like magic from the inside out.
If you want a kit that you won’t regret buying, this one is definitely worth a shot.
- Achieve improved beard growth within 4-8 weeks. Whether you want to grow a beard or need help filling in patchy areas, our Beard Growth Kit delivers the desired results. Our Beard Roller and all-natural Beard Growth Serum work together to activate dormant beard follicles, leading to noticeable growth in just 4-8 weeks.
- Promote a denser, more nourished beard! Our beard roller serves as the ultimate tool for achieving a full and healthy beard. By creating numerous microscopic channels beneath the skin's surface, it triggers the body's innate healing mechanism. This process enhances blood circulation, delivering vital nutrients to stimulate previously dormant hair follicles. Experience hair growth in areas where growth was previously challenging or nonexistent!
- Assist in revitalizing your hair growth! This remarkable product goes beyond being solely a beard growth solution; it excels at stimulating hair regrowth in areas that may be experiencing balding.
- Ideal present for men! This beard growth kit makes for a perfect gift for any gentleman. Whether he aspires to grow a beard or desires to fill in patchy areas, this kit will assist him in achieving a beard that both of you will adore!
- Crafted Beards is a dedicated company empowering men to discover newfound confidence through their beards. By providing exceptional grooming products and expert guidance, we enable men to cultivate and maintain remarkable beards. We believe that a well-crafted beard can transform a man's appearance, enhancing self-esteem and leaving a lasting impression.
Reasons for Not Recommending Some Models
Koi Beauty® has produced some of the most popular derma rollers available in the market. However, we don’t consider this particular tool appropriate for beard regrowth because:
- The medium head roller of this micro-needling tool comes with just 200 needles which are not densely packed. The “not so densely packed” needles have the potential to cause pain in the face during the rolling sessions.
- Moreover, the 0.75mm needles are a bit longer than our preferred needle size and have the potential to cause pain and bleeding when you try to roll them over your face.
This Derma Roller from Petunia Skincare is nice, cute, and lightweight. But it didn’t end up being on our best list because:
- It comes with 1mm long needles which are not appropriate to puncture your face. These needles are long and can cause severe bleeding even when you roll them over tough men’s skin.
- Another drawback of this micro-needling tool is that it doesn’t come in a plastic protective box to keep the needles away from dirt, dust, and germs. Needles that collect germs and dirt have the potential to cause severe infections.
- ✅ YOUR SKIN REGIME'S BEST FRIEND - Our micro needle roller is the best compliment for all your skincare products such as serums, creams, and gels. Our microneedle roller can be used alone or with products.
- ✅ GET CLEARER, AND SMOOTH SKIN - The derma roller is a convenient alternative to popular cosmetic procedures. Reveal healthy-looking complexion every time with our popular 0.25mm micro needle length roller.
- ✅ SAFE, EASY AND CONVENIENT - Why spend hundreds for microdermabrasion sessions when you can conveniently, easily and safely derma roll right at the comfort of your own home? With consistent use, you will reap the benefits of a professional microdermabrasion session while saving hundreds of dollars!
- ✅ SURGICAL GRADE STAINLESS STEEL - Our Derma Roller is made with surgical grade stainless steel. Our sturdy stainless steel needles are the same kind that doctors, surgeons, tattooists, and acupuncturists use. Stainless steel offers the LEAST reactions to the skin. Think about it, would a surgeon ever use a titanium scalpel blade, or would a tattooist use a titanium needle? ABSOLUTELY NOT!
- ✅ BACKED BY A 90 DAY PROMISE - That’s right! We are so confident that you’ll love our products that we’ve backed it up with a 90 day promise and 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are unsatisfied whatsoever, we will refund you the total – no questions asked! Buy with CONFIDENCE!
Derma Roller Buying Guide for Beard Growth
What is a Derma Roller for Beard Growth?
In simple words, a derma roller for beard (or a micro-needling tool for beard) is a skincare device that is specially designed to stimulate beard growth in men to make the hair look consistent and full.
This incredible handheld tool comes with a roller head paired with a long handle to make it more convenient to use.
Furthermore, the roller head is adorned with hundreds of microneedles, ranging from 0.3-0.5 mm that penetrate the beard area precisely and results in numerous micro-injuries on the skin.
These micro-injuries help to boost the blood flow and increase collagen and keratin production on the punctured area so that the beard follicles get stimulated and start growing perfectly.
On the other hand, one thing you should know about beard derma rollers is that, even though these can also be used on female faces, they don’t work the same way.
While the microneedles of these rollers stimulate the growth hormone in men’s face, it only increase the production of collagen in women’s skin (women don’t have the growth hormones that men do).
Therefore, you can also use these tools on women’s faces without worrying about growing a beard.
How Can a Derma Roller Help with Beard Growth?
A derma roller or a micro-needling tool can be used for different purposes. From fighting acne scars and signs of aging to stimulating hair and beard growth, this tool never ceases to amaze.
Moreover, even though it might seem impossible for a bunch of needles to help regenerate your facial hair, the scientific logic behind it will surprise you.
When you roll the tool over your face skin a few times, the micro-needles incorporated in the roller head punctures through the face and create micro-injuries in the skin.
When the skin suffers from these injuries, the body recognizes them and starts circulating more blood and nutrients to the affected area to begin the healing process.
This process not only rejuvenates the skin but also makes it healthy and well-prepared to grow the beard effectively.
Furthermore, as the needles puncture through the epidermis layer (the topmost layer of the skin) and prickle the dermis layer (the layer just below the epidermis), they stimulate the production of collagen and keratin successfully to help the beard grow.
Additionally, these deep injuries also boost the hair growth hormones in the cells so that your beard follicles are strengthened from within and start growing quickly.
Potential Side Effects of Using a Derma Roller for Beard Growth
While this amazing tool helps you redefine your masculinity, you must also be aware of the potential side effects of using this tool.
In addition to its ability to grow beard efficiently, a derma roller also has a few drawbacks that you should know about.
Firstly, the most common side effect of micro-needling your face is uncomfortableness and itchiness.
Even though the needles might not cause pain or hurt your face, puncturing can still cause a pricking sensation and result in discomfort.
However, these are very common and harmless.
Moreover, for the beard growth process, you are using slightly longer needles.
Hence, there are high possibilities of bleeding and infection if you press these needles strongly while rolling the tool.
This might cut deep into your face skin and cause severe bloodshed.
Things to Keep in Mind When Shopping for a Derma Roller for Beard Growth
Even though it might seem impossible to stimulate beard growth with a derma roller, if you have the right micro-needling tool, you can help your beard grow significantly.
Nevertheless, because of the needle sizes, brands, and types of rollers available, it might be a hassle to find the right tool.
However, if you know what to look, it is easy to find the best derma roller for your beard growth.
Why Smaller Needles are not Recommended
The first and most important aspect of a derma roller is its needle size.
Namely, because it not only interprets the safety of the tool but also determines the type of results the roller will produce.
Additionally, even though there are several needle sizes available in the market, not all of them are suitable for growing a beard quickly and safely.
Hence why you must be careful about the size of the needles when choosing a derma roller to help your facial hair grow.
According to experts and beard enthusiasts, 0.5 mm to 1mm needles are just the right size.
This range is not too small or long and are of just the right length to penetrate deep into the dermis layer to stimulate collagen and keratin production.
In addition, these needles increase the hair growth hormone production and improve the blood circulation in the beard area to show results quickly.
Even though you won’t see results overnight, you will notice the difference after a few weeks of usage.
In addition to helping beard growth, these needles also help remove dead skin from the face surface and rejuvenate your skin from within for a smoother and brighter outlook.
More importantly, this size range can puncture through your face without creating any pain or uncomfortableness.
Does the Size of the Roller Head Really Matter?
The simple answer is yes, it does.
Although companies produce different sizes of roller heads, not all of them are appropriate to use on the beard area.
A medium-sized roller head is just the right size to use on your face, especially the beard area since a large-head roller wouldn’t reach “hard to reach areas” perfectly.
Meanwhile, a smaller roller would take forever to cover all the beard area during a single micro-needling session. And that’s why opting for a medium-size roller head is the best choice.
Furthermore, let’s also discuss the needle density on the tool head as it also matters.
For a successful and painless derma rolling session, it is a must that you choose a roller head with closely packed needles.
350-600 needles on a medium-sized head is the most sought after density because they create more microchannels on your skin in a single roll compared to the 192/200 needle counts.
What Should be the Needle Material?
Derma roller needles are usually made from either titanium or stainless steel material.
While the stainless steel needles are much more sterile, hygienic, and create precise punctures in the face, the titanium needles are strong and sturdy and won’t blunt away quickly.
Since both these materials come with significantly good characteristics, we recommend them both for men’s faces.
The Must-Have Features
- Needle Size:30mm to 0.50mm Needles
- Roller Head Size: Medium Size
- Needle Density: 350-600 Needles
How to Use a Derma Roller on your Beard
Using a derma roller for beard growth is pretty simple. However, the preparation stage before the actual micro-needling session is important.
The Preparation Stage
As the roller needles are going to puncture your skin and come in direct contact with your face, it is very important that you clean them to avoid infections.
For the cleaning and sanitizing process, first, soak or spray the roller with an alcohol cleaner to make sure it is fully disinfected. Then let it dry a bit to avoid any alcohol left on the needles.
The Micro-needling Stage
For the actual rolling session, wash your face with a suitable facewash (like the NIVEA Men DEEP Cleansing Beard & Face Wash) and pat it dry.
Then take the sterilized roller and start rolling over the desired area horizontally, vertically, and diagonally 4-5 times to make sure that all the beard area is needled perfectly.
Remember not to press the roller too hard or you might cut yourself.
After you are done with the needling session, apply a suitable beard growth serum or oil (we prefer this Honest Amish – Classic Beard Oil) for quicker and more visible results.
The After Care Stage
Once you finish the rolling, spray another coat of your alcohol cleaner on the roller head and keep it in a dry place to disinfect the needles again.
Then, gently place the roller in the box and seal it tight.
When and How Often to Use a Derma Roller to Influence Beard Growth
Now that we know how to use a derma roller, let’s discuss when to use it.
Since the needles used for beard growth are not too long, you can actually use them daily for your facial hair growth.
However, experts suggest using the tool three times per week to allow your skin the right amount of rest. If you try puncturing it more frequently, the skin will not get enough time to heal.
Derma rolling is an affordable and easy method of stimulating beard growth. Moreover, the derma rollers that we discussed above are the best in doing that.
These tools are not only safe and easy to use, but they also promote facial hair growth like none in the market.
We guarantee you that these tools won’t disappoint you a bit. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to us.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Writer and Content Manager at InStraight. Lovella’s philosophy is that everybody’s beauty is merely a reflection of loving yourself . ♀️ She loves to write and discover new cultures. Find her on Facebook
Last update on 2022-12-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API