Finding the best low-wattage hair dryer that befits your hair type could be difficult. That’s why in choosing one, it’s important to consider how it will react to different hair types.
In this comprehensive review, I will share some of the top low wattage hair dryers I came across as a hair pro.
You’ll learn everything about them — from what they are, why they’re the best and more! Read along!
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
A Look at the Top Picks of Low Wattage Hair Dryers
Here’s an overview of the best low-watt hair dryers I consider the finest and most preeminent!
- BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Hair Dryer: WINNER – It uses ionic technology, which results in less frizz, even if it dries fast.
- Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer: Best For Ultra-Fast Drying (Runner-Up) – The temperature it emits is controlled. You wouldn’t burn your hair.
- Remington D3190 Damage Protection Hair Dryer: Best Dryer For Diffusion and Concentration – Applicable to all hair types.
- Conair Mini Travel Hair Dryer: Best Portable Hair Dryer – It will heat up fast and quickly — you don’t need to wait minutes!
Don’t have time? Here is a quick comparison of our favorites!
4 Best Low-Wattage Hair Dryers Review
By the end of this review, you’ll not only be aware of the best low-wattage hairdryers in the market, but you’ll also have an idea why they are the best!
Don’t worry, I won’t leave you hanging! I’ll give you all the information you could ever need so you could land on the best and highest quality low-wattage hairdryers of 2022!
#1 BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Hair Dryer: WINNER
BaBylissPRO’s Nano Titanium Hair Dryer boasts nothing but simplicity, elegance and efficiency. It’s not a flashy hair dryer, but it does the job, and the wattage is just right.
I consider it the best low-wattage blow dryer in my book because of the multiple features it has.
The only thing I didn’t like was the blow-dryer noise level. It’s pretty loud, considering the fact that it isn’t a traditional hair dryer.
To help you with it, here’s a list of some of the most notable features of BaBylissPRO’s Nano Titanium dryer.
Features of BaBylissPRO’s Nano Titanium Hair Dryer
- This 2,000-Watt Salon Hair Dryer has a true Ion Generator, which is responsible for making your hair silky smooth, shiny and straight.
- It’s also equipped with nano titanium & ceramic technologies, offering a sleek finish to the hair without being in the danger zone of being damaged.
- I liked that it was able to dry the hair faster, and it didn’t burn my scalp, because it doesn’t have extreme heat!
- You’ll find BaBylissPRO’s Nano Titanium Hair Dryer to be effective in styling, drying and volumizing your hair!
Check out this quick video!
@elliotforbes @babyliss @babylisspro Spectrum hairdryer! Great if your after a budget hairdryer! ?? #menshair #barber #mensgrooming ♬ Body – Megan Thee Stallion
Size of BaBylissPRO’s Nano Titanium Hair Dryer
The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Hair Dryer is measured 4 x 9.5 x 11.5 inches, with a weight of 1.9 pounds.
Benefits & Drawbacks of BaBylissPRO’s Nano Titanium Hair Dryer
|It uses ionic technology, which results in less frizz, even if it dries fast||Sometimes the heat output isn’t enough|
|Lightweight design; it’s easy to carry, and convenient to transport||It’s not a quiet hair dryer, it can make loud noises when used|
|The package includes a concentrator nozzle for concentrated drying|
|The removable air filter also acts as a stand|
Why Choose BaBylissPRO’s Nano Titanium Dryer?
The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Blow Dryer is perfect for thick hair, because of the heat output.
It has three (3) heat settings and a cool button for overall versatility and flexibility. Get it if you’re looking for a low-wattage hairdryer that can get the job done!
Where Can I Buy It?
This professional titanium blow dryer is available on Amazon and Walmart!
- Country Of Origin: China
- Item Package Dimension: 4.0" L x 9.5" W x 11.5" H
- Item Package Weight: 2.3 lb
- Model Number: BNT5548
#2 Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer: Best For Ultra-Fast Drying (Runner-Up)
Coming in at 2nd place is Dyson’s Supersonic Hair Dryer. This 1600-Watt blow dryer is packed with a lot of features and functionalities that you’ll definitely enjoy!
I rated it as second-best because of its lightweight and ergonomic design, while making your hair sleeker and more stylish.
Giovanni Vaccaro, a creative director and hair expert, said that before blow-drying, it’s important to air dry the hair first  because when it’s wet, it is the most vulnerable.
“Wet hair is the most vulnerable, so allowing it to air-dry is always the healthiest option.”
But, with Dyson’s Supersonic dryer, you won’t need that! In fact, here are some of the most notable features of Dyson’s supersonic blow dryer.
@monicaaaaxxxx Dyson Supersonic Hairdryer #dyson #dysonhair #dysonhairdryer #fyp #nofilters ♬ double take – dhruv
Features of Dyson’s Supersonic Hair Dryer
- This amazing hair dryer possesses 1600 watts of power, which may seem insufficient, but it’s able to dry out hair effectively.
- It also comes with multiple magnetic attachments for easier and faster adjustments whenever you need it. With four (4) different temperature settings, you can style your hair all you want!
- Thanks to its low wattage, it consumes less electricity per hour compared to traditional blow dryers.
Size of Dyson’s Supersonic Blow Dryer
Dyson’s Supersonic Hair Dryer is sized 38.61 x 26.7 x 10.01 inches and has a weight of 4.11 pounds.
Benefits & Drawbacks of Dyson’s Supersonic Blow Dryer
|It comes with a contoured nozzle, which you can use for.||The blow-dryer noise level is kind of annoying and loud.|
|The temperature it emits is controlled. You wouldn’t burn your hair||Not effective in removing or getting rid of flyaways.|
|The magnetic attachments are helpful when it comes to adjustments.||It’s a bit heavier considering its size.|
|It has intelligent heat control; the air temp is measured 40 times per second.|
|The cold shot button is accessible.|
Why Choose Dyson’s Supersonic Hairdryer?
The Dyson Supersonic Dryer is a must-buy if you’re always on the go. You can dry your hair immensely fast and you can style your hair to how you want it!
Overall, it’s a good product to have if you’re a professional hair styler or just a hair enthusiast.
Where Can I Buy It?
- Helps prevent extreme heat damage to protect natural shine. Air temperature is measured 20 times every second, keeping the temperature under control
- Ultra-fast drying. For fast drying you need controlled, high velocity airflow
- Magnetic attachments Dyson smoothing nozzle, styling concentrator, and diffuser
- Lightweight and balanced. We've turned convention on its head and put the motor in the handle
#3 Remington D3190 Damage Protection Hair Dryer: Best Dryer For Diffusion and Concentration
The Remington D3190 is the sleek black hair tool you’ve always wanted if you want more than just drying.
It’s packed with a lot of features that make it an excellent tool for drying, diffusing, concentrated styling and heating! Here’s a quick glance at the features of the D3190 hairdryer.
Features of Remington’s D3190 Hair Dryer
- Remington’s D3190 hairdryer uses Tourmaline Ceramic Technology, hence it is a great hair dryer for straightening hair. Not only that, but it can also give you shiny and smooth hair without any chemically induced products and hair damage.
- The advanced ceramic coating technology with micro-conditioners of the D3190 helps protect your hair up to 3X more than regular hairdryers.
- Perform concentrated drying to various sections of your hair without the fear of burning with Remington’s D3190 dryer!
@danielaasab Get #RemingtonReady with me w/ the new #RemingtonAir3d dryer! ? #ad #remingtonair3datwalmart #HairRoutine #hairdryerreview #blowdryerreview #grwm ♬ Orange Juice – Tomppabeats
Size of Remington’s D3190 Blow Dryer
The size of Remington’s D3190 Damage Protection Hair Dryer is 4 x 11.88 x 9.38 inches. It weighs 1.97 pounds.
Benefits & Drawbacks of Remington’s D3190 Blow Dryer
|You can style your hair easily and conveniently (for curls, waves and straights).||The buttons are easily pressed — accidents often happen.|
|Your hair wouldn’t overheat because of the semi-precious gemstones.||The removable filter sticks too well, making it hard to snap off.|
|The micro-conditioner technology helps keep healthier hair.||Short cord, not good for maneuverability.|
|Applicable to all hair types (short hair, medium hair, even long hair).|
|Has a hang loop for easier storage.|
|Effective for people with dry hair because of the advanced technology.|
Why is Remington’s D3190 Hair Dryer is the Dryer For You?
- Remington’s D3190 is the dryer for you if you’re looking for a multi-purpose blow dryer that has many different features.
- Unlike other blow dryers, the D3190 can guarantee hair health and can keep your hair from damage .
Here’s a quick comparison of Dyson’s Supersonic Dryer and Remington’s D3190 Hair Dryer.
Where Can I Buy It?
The Remington D3190 is available on Amazon.
You can also purchase it at Walmart!
- Damage protection hair dryer for shiny, healthy hair
- 3X more protection with advanced coating technology
- Healthier Hair with Proprietary Micro Conditioner Technology
- 1875 watt for fast drying power
- Ceramic Ionic Tourmaline Grill for Faster Drying with Less Frizz
#4 Conair Mini Travel Hair Dryer: Best For Travel and Portability
Conair’s Mini Travel Hair Dryer is truly the best for portability. This compact travel hair dryer contains the power of a regular blow-dryer.
Here are a few of the most notable features of Conair’s Mini Travel Hair Dryer.
Features of Conair’s Mini Travel Hair Dryer
It has a frizz-fighting design, which is effective for both men and women suffering from frizzy hair.
This mini hair dryer also contains two (2) heat settings, as well as two (2) speed settings.
I find this to be the perfect international travel hair dryer because it is dual voltage, and it’s compatible with most electric sockets and outlets.
I loved Conair’s Mini Travel hairdryer because it included a diffuser to achieve textured hairstyles. It also has a concentrator to help you make your hair sleeker.
@prettyclicknepal Conair Hair Dryer ✨? #prettyclicknepal #prettyclick #fypシ #conair #hairdryer #prettyclickessentials #fyp #trend ♬ Listen To Me Now – nghigiango
Size of Conair’s Mini Travel Hair Dryer
It’s sized 12.55 x 9.45 x 4.95 inches with a weight of 1 pound.
Benefits & Drawbacks of Conair’s Mini Travel Hair Dryer
|It has a compact design, it’s easy to carry and it’s compatible with most sockets and outlets.||The nozzle isn’t compatible with all sizes of diffusers and concentrators.|
|Even if it’s small, the cord is long, making it flexible and maneuverable.||It emits a buzzing sound while being used.|
|will protect your hair while you’re using it, thanks to its ceramic elements.|
|It will heat up fast and quickly — you don’t need to wait minutes!|
Why Choose Conair’s Mini Travel Hair Dryer?
The Conair Mini Travel Hairdryer is perfect for avid travelers. Although it doesn’t have a folding handle, it’s compact and small, and it will definitely fit inside your luggage!
It has the workhorse of a traditional blow dryer but has a size of a mini dryer!
Where Can I Buy It?
You can purchase the Conair Mini Travel Hair Dryer on Amazon. It is also purchasable through Walmart; you choose!
- Mini Hair Dryer: This hair dryer offers 1200 watts of power in a compact size with a folding handle, featuring 2 heat and 2 speeds settings for all hair types, plus dual voltage for worldwide travel
- Frizz Fighting Design: This mini PRO dryer features tourmaline ceramic technology that helps protect hair from heat while adding shine and helps reduce frizz
- Special Features: This lightweight and compact blow dryer includes a concentrator for pinpoint styling, a 5 foot power cord, and a velvet touch grip handle for ergonomic comfort
- Leader in Hair Dryers: From traditional bonnets to hi tech dryers equipped with cutting edge technology, Conair has a great selection of hair dryers for every hair type and every hair style
- Conair Hair Care: Since 1959, we have made innovative small appliances, hair styling tools, and more; Our hair care line includes high quality hair dryers, brushes, styling tools, and hair accessories
What to Consider in Choosing a Low-Wattage Hair Dryer
In choosing a low-wattage hair dryer, take note and consider the features and functionalities, the technology it has, the noise it emits and the weight.
1. Knowing the Features of the Hair Dryer
Before choosing, make sure that you have your mind wrapped around the features of the dryer.
Some features you need to look at include anti-frizz technology, dual-voltage capability, multi-speed settings and multiple comb attachments.
These aren’t the only features you want. There are others that could be more specific to the type of hair you have.
Check our review of the best blow dryer with comb.
2. Understanding the Technology the Dryer Has
There are four (4) different blow dryer technologies, which include ceramic, tourmaline, titanium and ionic; each of them has its specializations.
Pick a blow dryer that befits whatever you need and one that can help you get the results you’re looking for.
3. Ensuring That The Dryer Isn’t Noisy
Hair dryer noise level is an important factor in blow dryers. Not all dryers emit loud noises, so ensure that the dryer you’re going to purchase isn’t noisy.
QUICK NOTE: The noise of the dryer is determined by the particles moving inside the hair dryer in conjunction with the high-speed, turbulent flow.
4. Making Sure That It Isn’t Heavy
Last, but definitely not least, is weight. It’s important that you choose a lightweight hairdryer so that you wouldn’t have a hard time carrying or transporting it.
Choose a blow dryer that has lightweight, but sturdy and durable materials.
Here are some other questions about low-wattage hairdryers to broaden your idea about how you can choose and purchase one!
What is the Lowest Wattage For a Hair Dryer?
Typically, the lowest wattage for hair dryers could reach as low as 862.5 watts, on the lowest setting. Regular hairdryers run on 1,875 watts on the highest setting and about 1,000 watts on the medium setting.
Does Wattage Matter in Hairdryers?
Yes, it matters because the wattage measures and determines how fast and effective a hairdryer will be. A low-watt hair dryer doesn’t always mean that it dries the hair slowly. In fact, there are regular hair dryers that are a pain in the neck, too!
Which Low-Wattage Hair Dryer Do You Have in Mind?
If you’re like me, you would find it difficult to choose the best low-wattage hair dryer for you, especially if you’re not sure of the ins and outs.
But with this review, you should now know how to choose the features and other highlights of the low-wattage hairdryer you are about to purchase.
- 1. Giovanni Vaccaro [Internet]. LinkedIn. [cited 2022 Feb 16]. Available from: https://www.linkedin.com/in/giovanni-vaccaro-b4137a90/
- 2. Lee Y, Kim Y-D, Hyun H-J, Pi L, Jin X, Lee W-S. Hair Shaft Damage from Heat and Drying Time of Hair Dryer. Annals of Dermatology. 2011;23:455.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Edith is a self-made entrepreneur with a keen business sense that others admire and a total “can-do” attitude. She’s always coming up with new ideas to anticipate her readers’ needs and help solve all their toughest beauty and skincare problems. You can find more about her Here.
Last update on 2022-12-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API