Who would go to salons for a solution if it can be solved at home? I would not! I want to straighten my beautiful curly hair but do not want to go to salons.
It’s so expensive and time consuming!
I bet you feel the same way!
The good news is, YOU do not have to go to salons at all! There are plenty of choices to make your curls straighter at home. Surprised?
Don’t be, because we are going to reveal all the secrets in this article.
But the following tips are time-consuming. If you need a faster result, then I suggest you get the best straightener for curly hair suggested in our guide
There are many natural ingredients which are very good for the health of our hair and additionally, they are very much able to turn the curls of our hair straight. Some of them work fine as a solitary ingredient; some of them work the best when they are mixed with another ingredient.
1. Egg & Olive Oil
Eggs are pressed with proteins that help sustain and smoothen your hair, while olive oil is a magnificent hair conditioner. Consolidating these elements will give you delicate, without frizz and straighten the hair if you utilize this pack once per week.
It is one of the best ways to straighten curly hair
Required Ingredients: Olive Oil – 3 tablespoons, 2 whole Eggs
- Stir the ingredients together to make a smooth mixture.
- Apply the blend to your hair.
- Leave the blend on for about 60 minutes.
- With a mild shampoo and cold water, wash your hair.
2. Rice Flour, Fuller’s earth & Egg Mask
Not just only a home answer for straightening curly hair, fuller’s earth takes out dandruff from the roots when you clean your hair with it.
Since it contains an organic earth material ‘Bentonite,’ it’s presently conceivable to have the straight hair you want.
Every element in this pack cooperates to abolish frizzy hair and leave your hair smooth and clean.
Applying this pack once every seven days will sustain your hair, wipe out all the dirt, and make it healthy with a solid and straight look.
Required Ingredients: Rice flour – 5 tablespoons, 1 Egg white, a quarter cup of milk, and 1 cup fuller’s earth
- Combine the elements until you get a smooth blend. In the event that the blend turns out to be thick, you can include more milk and if the blend turns out to be slender, include more fuller’s earth more.
- Cover your hair with the pack.
- Leave the pack on for about 60 minutes.
- Wash your hair with a mild shampoo and cool water.
Want to know? Find out the Difference between straight hair and curly hair
3. Banana & Papaya Mask
Banana and papaya cooperate to improve the rigidity of your hair while sustaining and molding it.
Utilizing this veil once seven days will give you delicate, straight, and sparkly hair that looks and feels sound.
Required Ingredients: 1 banana, 1 papaya
- Make sure you have equivalent pieces of papaya and banana.
- Mash the ingredients together until the blend is free of irregularities. Alternatively, you can mix them together to get a smooth mixture.
- Apply this mask onto your hair.
- Wait for the mask to dry out. Generally, it takes about 45 minutes.
- Wash your hair with cold water and a mild shampoo.
4. Milk & Eggs
Eggs are the most beneficial thing you can put on your hair when it comes to making curly hair somewhat straight.
Keep in mind though that this combination can smell a bit, however, once you wash it off, it will not be a problem anymore.
Required Ingredients: 1 cup of egg and 2 whole eggs
- Mix one cup of milk and 2 eggs and stir it gradually for one minute.
- Put your hair into the blend and keep it for 10 minutes. It will start to stink gradually.
- Get your hair out of the blend, tie them with a bun and keep it for one hour.
- Wash with a gentle cleanser.
5. Lemon Juice & Coconut Milk
Lemon juice is great for straightening curly hair. In mix with coconut milk, it conditions your hair while giving your scalp some vitamin C help.
Use it once every week, and this mask will leave your hair feeling luxurious and delicate, and you will see the difference after the very first use of this mask.
Required Ingredients: 1 tablespoon lemon juice and a quarter cup of coconut milk
- Make a good mixture of lemon juice and coconut milk.
- Keep the mixture in the freezer for 8 hours.
- Apply the blend on the hair; root to tips properly in the morning.
- Wait for 30 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water and a mild shampoo which is sulfate-free.
6. Milk Spray
The proteins in milk help invigorate the hair shafts by controlling frizz and causing your hair to show up straight.
If you apply this more than once per week on your hair, it will make your curly hair straighter.
Required Ingredients: Quarter cup milk and a spray bottle
- Take a spray bottle and fill it with milk.
- Spray the milk on your hair properly.
- Rinse with cool water after 30 minutes.
7. Milk & Honey
While the proteins in milk help sustain and brace your hair, the honey goes about as an emollient which helps seal dampness, further controlling frizz.
Applying this blend once seven days will make your hair too smooth, gleaming, and in particular straighter.
Required Ingredients: 3 tablespoon honey and ½ cup milk
- Make a good blend of milk and honey.
- Apply the blend on your hair and wait for 2 hours.
- Rinse your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and cold water.
8. Banana, Curd, Honey, & Olive Oil
This straightening hair pack serves as a profound molding treatment that improves the texture and quality of your hair.
It will help dispose of the vast majority of your frizz while making your hair straight and strong also in the event that it is applied once per week.
Required Ingredients: 2 tablespoon of honey, curd, olive oil, and 2 bananas – ripe
- Mash or blend the bananas properly to remove all the lumps.
- Add curd, honey and olive oil with mashed banana.
- Apply this pack onto your hair and wait for 30 minutes.
- Use a mild shampoo and cold water to wash it out.
9. Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe Vera is pressed with compounds that help keep your hair smooth and delicate while advancing hair development.
The ingredients enter your hair shaft, hydrating it and smoothing out frizz and crimps.
Apply this mask once every week to rectify your curly hair.
Required Ingredients: ¼ cup Aloe Vera gel and ¼ cup olive oil is need. Instead of olive oil, coconut oil also can be used.
- Take ¼ cup of olive oil or coconut oil and warm it up.
- Mix the oil with Aloe Vera gel properly.
- Apply this blend to your hair and wait for 45 minutes.
- Wash your hair finely with cold water and mild shampoo.
10. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is extraordinary for disposing of dirt and oil from your hair. It ousts any dirt from your cuticle and makes hair smooth.
Applying this once in seven days disposes of any frizz and leaves your hair looking straight and shiny.
Required Ingredients: 1 cup water and 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix apple cider vinegar with water in a jar.
- Wash your hair with a sulfate-free shampoo and apply mild conditioner.
- After applying the conditioner, rinse your hair with the mixture from the jar.
- Do not wash your hair anymore.
11. Hot Oil Treatment
Castor oil conditions and fixes your hair like no other fixing. It controls the frizzes while leaving your hair feeling delicate and hydrated.
It makes your hair smooth and it additionally gives your curly hair a straighter look in the event that you do it two times every week.
Required Ingredients: 1 tablespoon coconut oil and the same amount of castor oil
- Mix coconut oil and castor oil and warm it up for a few seconds.
- Apply the oil on your hair and scalp.
- Massage your scalp for 15-20 minutes.
- After massaging, wait for another 30 minutes.
- With cool water and mild shampoo, wash your hair.
12. Celery Leaves
Celery leaves have extraordinarily advantageous properties for your hair. The supplements present in celery leaves help to invigorate hair development and normally straighten your curly hair.
Required Ingredients: celery leaves, water, spray bottle
- Collect a bunch of celery leaves, chop it and grind in a mixer by adding little water.
- Chop the leaves. Add some water and grind it properly and make a mixture.
- Pour the mixture in a spray bottle and keep it aside for two days at least.
- After two or three days, spray the mixture on your hair and use a comb to spread out the mixture into your hair. Here, a wide-tooth comb is suggested to avoid possible hair fall.
- Massage your scalp for a few minutes and wait for 30 minutes.
- Use cold water, mild shampoo and conditioner to rinse off the blend.
13. Almond Oil & Conditioner
Almond oil is a prominent hair product since it truly gives your hair the ultimate care it needs. It fills in as a powerful home answer for straightening curly, bunched up hair and fixes harmed and broken strands like an all-out supervisor. Performing it two times every month will give you the best outcome.
Required Ingredients: almond oil and a mild conditioner
- Wash your hair with cold water.
- Take some of your mild conditioners in your and add few drops of almond oil into it.
- Blend it into your hands or use your fingers.
- Apply to your curly hair, scalp, and massage for a few minutes.
- Wash your hair after 40 minutes.
Beer is stuffed with proteins and nutrients that help improve the surface of your hair by making it smooth and normally straight. Apply it at least once per week.
Required Ingredients: a can of beer, mild shampoo, and conditioner
- Take a beer can, open it and keep it in the freezer overnight. This step is very important to make your beer flat.
- Shampoo your hair.
- Pour and cover your hair with flat beer.
- Wait for it to reach out to every strands and scalp of your hair.
- Wash your hair after 1 hour and must use a mild conditioner after washing.
Curious? Find out: How to straighten a synthetic wig
These are great methods that do not harm your hair at all, but rather develop the overall health of your curly hair and most importantly, make them straighter. For your convenience, we have mentioned the detailed process to make each of the remedies. So which one is your favorite?
- Carey, Elea. 2015. “How to Use Olive Oil for Hair Care.” Healthline. Healthline Media. February 25, 2015. https://www.healthline.com/health/beauty-skin-care/olive-oil-hair-care.
- Dr. Axe. 2019. “The Age-Old Practice That Supports Skin & Gut Health.” Dr. Axe. September 4, 2019. https://draxe.com/nutrition/10-bentonite-clay-benefits-uses/.
- “Fuller’s Earth | Florida Department of Environmental Protection.” 2021. Floridadep.gov. 2021. https://floridadep.gov/water/mining-mitigation/content/fullers-earth.
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Writer and Content Manager at InStraight. Lovella’s philosophy is that everybody’s beauty is merely a reflection of loving yourself . ♀️ She loves to write and discover new cultures. Find her on Facebook