Who does not want to pull off a new look if she can? Yes, straightening your curly hair not only give you a new hairstyle but also give you a whole different look in overall.
In this modern era, there are many ways invented by hair specialists which work great to transform your curls into straight hair. In this article, from our days of research, we are gathering up a few of the most efficient methods to straighten curly hair at salons and at your home.
We searched deeply and came up with some of the best methods that can truly straighten your hair. There are many ways to straighten your curly hair. To follow some of them, you may need to go to hair experts at salons and some of them can be done easily at home by yourself. Here is a presentation of both types of methods in the following.
1. Flat Iron
A flat iron is one of the most common ways to straight curly hair. People can perform the process at home very easily if they have a good quality straightener product.
- To straight your curly hair with a flat iron it is important to wash your hair properly and dry them out with a good blow dryer. Blow-dry your hair until it is slightly damp. Hair drying helps to boost the straightening process because dryers themselves straight your hair a little.
- Tangled hair will make complications while straightening. To get rid of them, comb or brush your hair after drying.
- Before starting with the flat iron, apply a heat protectant to your hair. It greatly prevents your hair from all possible heat damages.
- Heat up your straightener now, but do it according to the thickness of your curly hair. Many people have curly but thin hair and some of the people have very thick curly hair. Hair experts suggest 300-350ºF for the medium thickness of hair. For thin curly hair, the temperature should be below 300 ºF and thick curly hair needs over 400 ºF heat.
- Now you are all set to start straightening. Section off your hair and start straightening from the root to the tip and you are good to go.
- Remember to use a flat iron that comes with advanced technology and offers material like ceramic, tourmaline or titanium.
As we were talking about the straightening process with a flat iron, there are two more popular ways in which flat irons are used but the straighteners are not the primary tool. Let’s talk about those ways.
2. Keratin Treatment
Keratin treatments are becoming more and more popular in the modern world and to straighten your hair with this method, we suggest going to a salon. The main difference between a flat iron and keratin treatment is keratin treatment straighten your hair and keeps it straight for a longer period, around a few months. Keratin is a natural protein that is already in your hair. But day by day the amount of keratin in your hair decreases and with this treatment, hair experts add this protein additionally which actually helps to straighten curly hair. The process is very simple.
3. Hair Relaxer
Hair relaxer works the opposite way the keratin treatment works. Instead of adding any extra protein to your hair, in hair relaxing treatment, it breaks down the protein bonds of your hair and when a certain number of protein bonds in curly hair are broken, it becomes amazingly straight. People should not try this process at home at any cost because only and only hair experts can make this treatment successful because this treatment is very sensitive. If you break more than a certain number of bonds, your hair will be damaged and if you break less number of bonds than a certain number, you may not get a straight hair. But when hair experts do it successfully, it works like a charm. You get straight hair for a really long time, like six months.
4. Milk & Honey
- Take half a cup of milk. Milk helps to sustain your hair for its protein.
- Take 3 Tbsp. honey. Honey is good because it can control the frizzes of curly hair and seal the dampness.
- Blend the milk and honey.
- Section your hair and apply the blend on your hair.
- Keep the blend on your hair for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, wash your hair with a good shampoo.
- Must use a conditioner after that.
- Apply the blend once in a week.
5. Lemon Juice & Coconut Milk Mask
- Take 1 Tbsp. of lemon juice. Lemon juice is naturally very good to straighten curly hair.
- Take a quarter cup of coconut milk.
- Blend them finely. This blend helps to condition your hair and provides vitamin C to your hair scalp.
- Keep it in the freezer for 8 hours.
- Apply the blend on your hair, root to tips very properly.
- Keep the blend on your hair for half an hour.
- Wash your hair with cool water and use a mild shampoo.
- Use this mask once every week for better result.
6. Egg & Olive Oil Mixture
- Take 2 whole eggs. The protein presented in eggs helps to make your hair silky.
- Take 3 Tbsp. olive oil – it is an amazing natural conditioner for your hair.
- Make a smooth blend with these two ingredients.
- Apply the blend on your hair and leave it for an hour.
- After 60 minutes, wash your hair with a shampoo which is sulfur-free.
- Use of this blend once in a week can straighten your curly hair very nicely.
7. Aloe Vera Gel with Olive or Coconut Oil
- Take a quarter cup of Aloe Vera gel – it makes your hair silky and develops your hair from inside.
- Take a quarter cup of coconut oil or olive oil and warm it up.
- Mix the warm oil with Aloe Vera gel properly. This blend is very good because the mentioned ingredients are able to hydrate your hair shaft and remove all the frizzes for your hair.
- Apply it to your hair and wait for 45 minutes
- Wash your hair with cool water and do not forget to apply shampoo and a good conditioner.
- Using this mixture once in a week to your hair will make your curly hair straight like a charm.
Straightening curly hair gives people a whole different look as we mentioned before, and to pull off the new style many of them are willing to follow any kind of methods. Some of them are even ready to spend a good amount of money to straighten their hair from hair experts or salons. Some of them want to be economic but still, want to bring a change to their curly hair. Here, we have given solutions to all of those hair fashionistas. We have mentioned both costly salon process and home remedies to straighten curly hair. So which one is your pick?