Short hair is trendy in recent time. If you have to be in a rush or be hurry most of the time of your day, then it is hard for you to take care of your short hair. It will not need that much care compared to long hair. Besides if you want to take care of it you will need the least amount of time to do that.
Though short hair has so many benefits, it gets boring after some time. With short hair, you will not get enough options for styling the hair. Styling hair using hair straightener will shorten the styling list even more. If you are having trouble finding a hairstyle for your short hair using flat iron then this article might help you.
Here are some easy hairstyles you can try only using your hair straightener/flat iron and break out the boredom of having short hair. However, to make all of the styles we have used BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Mini Straightening Iron. For short hair, this is the most recommended hair straightener by the hair experts all over the world.
1. Crimped Curl
Nowadays old fashioned things are coming back again as trendy styles and everyone is appreciating it the most. One of the hairstyles amongst those is crimped curl. You must saw it in celebrities from the early 90’s such as Marilyn Monroe. But did you ever think that you can create that style with your short hair without going to a saloon? Well, yes you can. You will only need a flat iron.
- At first, detangle your short hair and prepare it for the heat.
- Use heat protectant spray and dry the hair properly.
- Then take a small section of the hair and crimp it two inches below the root and keep the flat iron there for 5 seconds.
- When the hair is crimped properly, remove the flat iron from there.
- Do the exact procedure again, but this time makes the crimp on the opposite side.
- Repeat the process until the ends of your hair.
2. Braid Curls
If you are looking for a hairstyle with minimum effort braid curls can be your go-to style. This is one of the easiest hairstyles you can do with your flat iron.
- At first, prepare your hair with a heat protectant.
- Make two sections from the middle of your head.
- Create two separate braids.
- Heat up your flat iron and set the temperature.
- Now hold the flat iron on your brain up to 5 seconds.
- Do this until the ends.
- After finishing this process use some hairspray and untie the braid.
3. Crimped Waves
This hairstyle is mostly similar to crimped curls. But instead of crimping the hair, here we will crimp the flat iron. This is one of the most suitable hairstyles for short hair. It will give your short hair kind of beach wave which is difficult with short hair.
- Detangle the hair by combing it or brushing.
- Prepare it by using heat protectant spray.
- Take a small section of your hair and place it into your flat iron.
- Now keep the iron vertically for 5 seconds and release the hair.
- After that go lower part of the hair and keep the iron horizontally for 5 seconds.
- Do this process one time vertically and one time horizontally until you reach the ends.
4. Messy Bob
Bob haircut is difficult to style as it is mostly the shorter side. So we came up with this messy bob which will give your plain bob a different texture.
- Prepare your hair by combing and use a heat protectant.
- Separate it into two sections from the middle of your head.
- Now take small section into your flat iron and twist it vertically.
- Do not pull it down as you do not want to curl the ends of your hair.
- Stop when you are two-inch above your ends.
- Take some texture spray and spray it into your hair for some additional texture.
- As it called messy bob you do not have to do any of it into any specific order.
5. Retro Style
When you have shortened your hair it difficult to do some voluminous curls as the big size rollers do not fit in your short hair. But do not worry here in a style you can do with your short hair without rollers.
- Detangle your hair if is tanged.
- Use heat protectant hair spray.
- Take a small section of your hair.
- Place your index and middle finger near the root of your hair and roll the hair around it until the ends.
- Now you will get a hair roll, place the flat iron on the roll and keep it for 5 seconds and release it.
- Repeat the same process into all of the hair and you will get a perfect retro style for your short hair.
6. Flipped Out Bob
As we said before, old styles are becoming trendy again and here we have come with a hairstyle with 80’s vibe in it. Also, this is a very easy hairstyle which is suitable for summer hangout or picnic. It is a fun hairstyle to go for.
- Brush your hair and detangle it.
- Use hair protectant spray to protect the hair from heat.
- For this hairstyle, you have to straighten the hair first.
- After you have done straighten it, go over the straight hair with the flat iron and when you are near to the ends of your hair flip the iron outside of your face.
- It will create a flip-out on the ends of the hair.
- You only have to do it near the ends of the hair.
- After you have done with the entire hair place a hairband and it will give you a perfect 80’s hairstyle.
Styling short hair is difficult. But you can certainly try out those styles and find out your favorite one. But before that, you have to keep in mind that your hair is short. So try to use those tools which are made for shorter hair. For example: BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Mini Straightening Iron. Choose the smallest/tiny iron for short hair so that styling short hair will not be a burden for you anymore.