Short hair has become trendy in recent times.
If you are in a rush or a hurry most of your day, then it is hard for you to take care of your short hair.
Good news is I have got some tips on easy short hairstyles with straightener.
Easy Short Hairstyles with Straightener
Although it is quicker to style and maintain, the tradeoff is that you get fewer hairstyling options.
Styling short hair using a mini hair straightener will shorten the styling list even more.
If you are having trouble finding a hairstyle for your short hair using a flat iron, this article might help you.
Here are some easy hairstyles you can use to use your hair straightener/flat iron and break out the monotony of hairstyles.
For short hair, this is the most recommended best flat iron for short hair by hair experts.
1. Crimped Curl
You’ve probably seen this style with celebrities from the early 90’s like Marilyn Monroe.
But did you ever think that you can re-create the style with short hair without going to a salon?
Well, yes, you can. You will only need a flat iron.
- First, detangle your hair and prep it for heat.
- Use heat protectant spray and dry the hair properly.
- Take a small section of the hair and crimp it two inches below the root and keep the flat iron there for 5 seconds.
- When the hair is crimped properly, remove the flat iron.
- Repeat the procedure , but this time make the crimp on the opposite side.
- Repeat the process throughout the hair .
READ MORE: How to Curl Short Hair With a Straightener
2. Braid Curls
If you are looking for a hairstyle with minimum effort, braid curls can be your go-to style.
This is one of the easiest hairstyles you can do with your flat iron.
- At first, prepare your hair with a heat protectant.
- Make two sections from the middle of your head.
- Create two separate braids.
- Heat your flat iron and set the temperature.
- Now hold the flat iron on your braid for up to 5 seconds.
- Do this through the entire braid.
- Finally, use some hairspray and untie the braid.
3. Crimped Waves
This hairstyle is similar to crimped curls.
But instead of crimping the hair, here we will crimp the flat iron.
This is one of the most suitable hairstyles for short hair.
It will give your short hair a kind of beach wave, which is difficult with short hair.
- Detangle the hair by combing it or brushing.
- Prepare it by using heat protectant spray.
- Take a small section of your hair and place it onto your flat iron.
- Now keep the iron vertically for 5 seconds and release the hair.
- After that, go to lower strands of the hair and keep the iron horizontally for 5 seconds.
- Repeat the process one time vertically and one time horizontally until you reach the ends.
4. Messy Bob
A bob haircut is difficult to style as it is mostly the shorter side.
But a messy bob will add some sass to your plain jane bob.
- Prepare your hair by combing and using a heat protectant.
- Separate it into two sections from the middle of your head.
- Now take a small section into your flat iron and twist it vertically.
- Do not pull the flat iron to the strands of your hair as you do not want to curl the ends of your hair.
- Only flat iron up to at least two-inches above your ends.
- Take some texture spray and spray it into your hair for some additional texture.
- As it is called messy bob, you do not have to do any of it in any specific order.
5. Retro Style
When you have shortened your hair, it difficult to do some voluminous curls as the big size rollers do not fit.
But do not fret. Here’s how you can go about it.
- Detangle your hair.
- Use heat protectant hair spray.
- Take a small section of your hair.
- Place your index and middle finger near the root of your hair and roll the hair around it.
- You will get a hair roll, place the flat iron on the roll and keep it for 5 seconds and release it.
- Repeat the same process throughout the hair.
- Voila, there’s your perfect retro style.
6. Flipped Out Bob
As we said before, old styles are becoming trendy again. And this style is the perfect 80’s vibe.
This super simple hairstyle that is suitable for summer hangout or picnic.
- Brush your hair and detangle it.
- Use hair protectant spray to protect the hair from heat.
- For this hairstyle, you have to straighten the hair first.
- Next, go over the straight hair with the flat iron and when you are near to the ends of your hair, flip the iron from your face.
- It will create a flip-out on the ends of the hair.
- You only have to do it near the ends of the hair.
- And there you have it. A perfect 80’s hairstyle!
Styling short hair can be challenging.
But not with these simple tips for the perfect short hairstyle.
Id love to hear from you, if you do try one of the style.
Drop a comment in the comment section of how the tips worked for you
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Writer and Content Manager at InStraight. Lovella’s philosophy is that everybody’s beauty is merely a reflection of loving yourself . ♀️ She loves to write and discover new cultures. Find her on Facebook