Shaved Heads for 2022?
Janet Jackson has always been an icon  since the 80s for many women across the globe.
For the younger set, you have Saweetie, who is THE idol for many teens.
Both are women of color and both shout representation.
So should it be a wonder why both women are trendsetters when it comes to fashion and style?
Well, late last year, these women have created a buzz with their latest hairstyle, which has made it to fashion headlines once again.
READ MORE: Is Color Depositing Conditioner the Latest Hair Trend?
“I love a bald head.”
In a 2020 article  of the Atlanta Black Star, it was mentioned that she has had thoughts about having her head shaved.
She had mentioned in an Instagram post  that a video showing a girl with a shaved head battling cancer moved her so much that it had made her think about having her head shaved as well.
“This made me cry. I was actually going to shave my head for the Janet tour and was going to talk to all the kids to do the same.
I love a bald head, especially on a woman. I think it’s beautiful.”
Black and Blue Braids and a Shaved Head
Last December 2021, Janet did indeed take it a step further.
News sites  immediately picked up her post on Instagram showing her with black and blue braids that served as the highlight to her head which was totally shaved on the sides.
Never did a shaved 55-year old look so hot until Janet, indeed!
It’s not only Janet who managed to capture attention last December, though.
Rapper Saweetie managed to capture the attention of stylists as well.
Allure magazine  featured Saweetie with a wholly shaved basking under the sunlight, looking amazingly gorgeous too!
Kendall Dorsey, Saweetie’s hairstylist, has mentioned in an Instagram post that the rapper is moving on to a new era.
Could this be signaling the end of colored hair for the rapper? We are all definitely going to be watching at the sidelines!
Yes. Demi Moore did it for G.I. Jane. But it’s the other Demi who seems to have caught on to the trend as well.
A picture of her with a buzzcut posted last Christmas seemed to be her way of ushering in 2022 as well!
Beautiful In Any Way
Janet, Saweetie, and Demi. These women have shown their rebellious side. They definitely showed the world that their tresses need not define them.
Hair or no hair, they set the trend, and boy! Do they look AMAAAAA—ZINGGGG!!
- 1. janet jackson [Internet]. New York Post. [cited 2022 Jan 11]. Available from: https://nypost.com/tag/janet-jackson/
- 2. “I Love a Bald Head”: Janet Jackson Reveals That She Thought About Shaving Her Head [Internet]. Atlanta Black Star. 2020 [cited 2022 Jan 11]. Available from: https://atlantablackstar.com/2020/04/07/i-love-a-bald-head-janet-jackson-reveals-that-she-thought-about-shaving-her-head/
- 3. Login • Instagram [Internet]. www.instagram.com. [cited 2022 Jan 11]. Available from: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Z76VbJRZs/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
- 4. Janet Jackson Debuts A Completely New Look With A Shaved Head [Internet]. Hot97. 2021 [cited 2022 Jan 11]. Available from: https://www.hot97.com/hip-hop-news/hot-news/janet-jackson-debuts-a-completely-new-look-with-a-shaved-head/
- 5. Nast C. Saweetie Shaved Her Head for the New Year [Internet]. Allure. 2021 [cited 2022 Jan 11]. Available from: https://www.allure.com/story/saweetie-shaved-head-blonde-buzz-cut
What do you think of Janet Jackson’s hair? Let us know below!
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Martina is a graduated Doctor of Dental Medicine with a huge obsession for anything beauty-related. Her freelance writing started out as a creative outlet and turned out to be a full-time job. If you have any beauty questions, the chances are Martina has the answers. You can find more about her HERE. Follow her on LINKEDIN , INSTAGRAM