In choosing a shampoo for rebonded hair, there are a few things you need to consider.
That’s the reason why I came up with this guide to help and guide you in buying your shampoo!
Say goodbye to all the harmful products you’ve used, and start using the best and most suited shampoo for rebonded hair.
So, what are the top and best shampoos in the market for rebonded hair?
Shampoo for Rebonder Hair Top Picks at a Glance
This post contains affiliate links, and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
- L’Oreal Professionnel X-Tenso Care Pro-Keratin: WINNER
- Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo: Best Budget-Friendly Rebonded Hair Shampoo
- Bingo Hair Care Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo Sulfate-Free: Best Multi-Functional Shampoo
Don’t have time? Here is a quick comparison of our favorites!
The Best 3 Shampoos For Rebonded Hair: Review Guide
What I’ll be listing here are the top and best-selling shampoos perfect for rebonded hair.
I’ve personally used most of the products in this list, so it’s just right that I review them.
Out of all the different shampoos in this list, L’Oreal’s Professionnel X-Tenso Care Straight was my favorite.
I proved that it’s suitable for all hair types because I used it with my family. After my rebonding session, I found it to be dry – and that’s one of the things this product is known for!
It can fix curly hair, dry hair, and it’s effective in repairing damaged hair! It has multiple active ingredients that can treat an oily scalp, keeping it clean.
Features of L’Oreal Professionnel X-Tenso Care Pro-Keratin
One of the best and most recognizable things about this product is that it’s equipped with Incell, which is responsible for maintaining and caring for fragile areas of the hair.
It’s also equipped with Pro-Keratin , a better and more effective version of Keratin, which helps make hair silky and softer.
They’ve engineered the product to dig deep into your hair structure, fixing and resolving problems from its roots.
Overall, it’s one of the best I’ve ever tried in the market. An effective shampoo took care of my rebonded hair growth, thanks to its natural and active ingredients!
L’Oreal Professionnel X-Tenso Care Pro-Keratin Size
The bottle’s size is 230 ml, weighing 250 grams; you can fit it inside your cosmetic pouches!
Benefits & Drawbacks of the L’Oreal Professionnel X-Tenso Care Pro-Keratin
|You only need to apply a small amount||Excessive usage can lead to dandruff|
|The product lathes effectively even for rebonded hair||It’s rather expensive compared to other products in the market|
|It smells good – not chemical-like|
|You can use it as a two-in-one shampoo + conditioner|
|It’s not painful when it gets to the eyes|
Why the L’Oreal Professionnel X-Tenso Care Pro-Keratin is Different
Unlike other products, the L’Oreal Professionnel shampoo is an all-in-one product because it can act as a regular shampoo, a conditioner, and a hair treatment product all at the same time.
Is the L’Oreal Professionnel X-Tenso Care Pro-Keratin For You?
If you’re looking for an easy way out of your hair mess, then this product is what I would recommend. It’s packed with tons of active ingredients that conspire to make your hair better.
You won’t need a different keratin treatment when you use this baby!
Although the price is high, it is because the product is highly effective and recommendable.
2) Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo: Best Budget-Friendly Rebonded Hair Shampoo
The Olaplex No.4 is what I recommend if you’re on a budget and you’re looking for a shampoo that is effective for your newly-rebonded hair.
It’s a mild shampoo + moisturizer intended for the protection and the repair of your hair. It’s gluten-free,, and it’s applicable to all types of hair!
The best part about that is it is entirely affordable! The whole bottle could last you two (2) weeks for a decent and considerate amount!
Features of Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo
The Olaplex is a product I’d recommend to professionals and those who are really into their hair health.
It has a balanced PH level, which is perfect especially for acidic people, and it does not have sulfate and phosphate, which are harsh chemicals in it, keeping your hair healthy effortlessly!
Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo Size
The size of the bottle is 250 ml and weighs 0.5 pounds. It’s easy to carry and to bring from one place to another.
Benefits & Drawbacks of the Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo
|It’s easy-to-use and cheap||Excessive usage can lead to hair fall and breaking|
|The product can moisturize and make your hair shine effectively||Some users reported the product not to smell too good|
|A lot of users has proved the repairing of the hair|
|It’s not acidic, which can lead to hair damage|
Why the Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo is Different
This product is among the cheapest ones you can purchase in the market. It’s perfect for people looking to repair and fix their hair without spending a fortune!
Is the Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance Shampoo For You?
If you’re a hair enthusiast and you’re looking for a product that befits your needs, then the Olaplex No. 4 Bond Maintenance special shampoo is for you!
You’ll see the difference in just two (2) weeks of using it, and you’ll be surprised by the improvement and development of your hair!
Don’t forget to also check our review of the best Olaplex for thin hair!
- It is formulated with olaplex bond building chemistry
- It restores internal strength and moisture levels to add incredible shine and manageability
- It is recommended for all hair types
- English (Publication Language)
3) Bingo Hair Care Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo Sulfate-Free: Best Multi-Functional Shampoo
If you’re looking for a shampoo that can hit multiple birds with one stone, then Bingo Hair Care’s Moroccan Argan Oil  is what you need.
This sulfate-free shampoo is perfect for people experiencing hair loss as it can restore hair follicles. Thanks to the Argan Oil content it has, it’s nourishing and revitalizing at the same time!
This hair product has been deemed by many as their go-to because it made softer, gave better hair texture, and nourished the crown naturally.
Features of Bingo Hair Care’s Moroccan Sulfate-Free Shampoo
Bingo Hair Care’s Moroccan argan oil shampoo is perfect to heal your hair over time. It’s effective in making your hair stronger without using harmful chemicals.
It can also act as a natural conditioner and break the unwanted, natural bond in your hair and repair it to make it better and a lot healthier.
Moroccan Argan Oil Sulfate-Free Shampoo Size
The shampoo comes in a 400 ml bottle and is heavier because it sits at about 400 grams.
Benefits & Drawbacks of the Moroccan Argan Oil Sulfate-Free Shampoo
|It contains antioxidants and other healthy components||Requires excessive application to eradicate the oils on your scalp|
|It applies to curly, straight, wavy, straight, wavy, etc.||It’s too oily even after being rinsed properly|
|It has botanical extracts, which are perfect for deep conditioning||The consistency is not as what’s expected|
|The product can enhance the keratin bonds of your newly-treated hair|
|It has been reported to make the hair soft|
Is the Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo Sulfate-Free For You?
For a more fragrant, natural-smelling hair, I recommend this product. It’s a good shampoo for rebonded hair if you’re looking for a smell that’s natural without strong oil scents.
- HYDRATING ARGAN OIL: This argan oil shampoo and conditioner set from Bingo Hair Care tames frizz, gives you incredible shine nourishes with deep hydration; Argan oil for hair has been used for centuries in Morocco to rescue dry and damaged locks, and now you can do the same from the comfort of home with our advanced Moroccan oil shampoo and conditioner
- SULFATE FREE: Say goodbye to your old Moroccan argan oil shampoo and conditioner that strips your hair and scalp of moisture; Bingo Hair Care’s argan shampoo and conditioner set is totally sulfate and paraben free; Better still, our sulfate free shampoo and conditioner is never tested on animals
- DAZZLING SHINE: People love how our argan oil conditioner and shampoo smoothes frizz while delivering amazing shine; The active oils in our anti frizz shampoo and conditioner bind to your hair, helping to reduce flyaways and create a smoothing effect; Tame unruly locks and achieve a Hollywood look that turns heads with our shampoo and argan oil conditioner for hair
- SALON GRADE: We’re committed to offering Moroccan oil conditioner and shampoo that takes hair care to the next level; That’s why we’ve worked in close consultation with respected salon experts to deliver a conditioner and shampoo for dry hair and frizz that is salon grade; What’s more, our anti frizz shampoo and conditioner is suitable for all hair types including color treated and bleached hair
- REVERSE DAMAGE: You’ll be amazed how our Moroccan oil hair products can help fight the signs of damage; The secret is how the argan oil binds to each strand, penetrating deep beyond the outer surface of the the hair to hydrate and nourish from within; If you’re in search of moisturizing shampoo and conditioner that really works, our argan oil hydrating shampoo and conditioner is the smarter choice
READ MORE: How to Rebond Hair at Home
How Do You Choose Shampoo For Your Rebonded Hair?
In choosing the shampoo for your rebonded hair, factor in the content of the shampoo, consistency, and check reviews to keep your hair safe.
All of us have our criteria in choosing our shampoo. But, in my experience, it’s best to consider and look at the following to keep your hair healthy.
1. Consider the Shampoo’s Content
One thing you want to look at is the content of the shampoo. Check if it has safe and natural ingredients that’ll help with your hair growth after being rebonded.
Some of the best formulation ingredients include Keratin, Argan Oil, Aloe Extract, Vegetable Protein, and many more.
2. Check the Consistency of the Shampoo
In choosing the shampoo for your rebonded or straight hair, it’s important to note that it needs to be thick so that it can lather up for you to navigate it around your hair easily.
This is where shampoos with oils will become effective.
3. Look at Customer Reviews and Feedback
The last secret I’ll share with you is to look at and check other people’s reviews about the product. Please take note of the details they’ll give you when they try the product and after they’ve applied it.
This has been one of the most effective tips I’ve learned about hair care for rebonded hair, and it has helped me land on whatever needs I had ever since.
With all these options, you’ll be able to find the specific product you’re looking for. But, if you feel like you still need more information, here are some frequently asked questions about it.
When Can I Wash My Hair After Rebonding?
No, it’s not advisable to wash the hair after a rebonding procedure. It’s recommended to wait up to three (3) days to achieve the best results.
Can I Oil My Hair After Rebonding?
Yes, it’s advised by many experts to apply oil on hair even after a rebonding procedure. This can make your hair glow more naturally.
Do You Need A Different Shampoo For Rebonded Hair?
Due to the chemical treatment done to your hair, experts suggest refraining from using shampoos packed with sulfate because it can mess with the protein binding process. 
Sulfate is a practical component in keeping the hair clean and free from dirt, but I recommend getting a different shampoo with less sulfate in it. Instead, choose a mild shampoo with natural ingredients.
My experience was harsh because no guide like this was available – and that’s why I took the time to list down and let you know of my experiences in finding the special shampoo needed by my hair.
Searching for the best shampoo for rebonded hair could be challenging at first. But, once you learn and find out all the attributes and information on finding it, it’ll be easy!
- 1. Wang B, Yang W, McKittrick J, Meyers M. Keratin: Structure, mechanical properties, occurrence in biological organisms, and efforts at bioinspiration. Progress in Materials Science [Internet]. 2016;76:229–318. Available from: https://escholarship.org/uc/item/5sb7q6jp
- 2. Charrouf Z, Guillaume D. Argan oil: Occurrence, composition and impact on human health. European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology. 2008;110:632–6.
- 3. Rathi S, D′Souza P. Shampoo and conditioners: What a dermatologist should know? Indian Journal of Dermatology [Internet]. 2015;60:248. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4458934/
What is your favorite shampoo for rebonded hair? Please share below!
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Edith is a self-made entrepreneur with a keen business sense that others admire and a total “can-do” attitude. She’s always coming up with new ideas to anticipate her readers’ needs and help solve all their toughest beauty and skincare problems. You can find more about her Here.
Last update on 2022-12-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API