Most people view shampoo as a mere cleaner for their hair; they don’t realize that shampoo is much more than just a cleansing agent. Wondering how?
Namely, a shampoo can be a styling instrument, just like your styling gels. For instance, aside from cleaning your manes and scalp with the right shampoo, you can also change their appearance and give them a smoother and straighter outlook. Excited to know more?
In this article, we talked in great length about the best hair straightening shampoos available in the market and everything related to them. Hence, you’ll have an obvious idea about the most suitable one for you.
If you see the value in these products and choose to purchase via my referral links, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
An Overview of Our Top Hair Straightening Shampoo
Before going into full details, let’s take a quick look at our top shampoos used for hair straightening:
- OGX Ever-Straightening + Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo
- Pure Nature Lux Spa Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo
- Hask Argan Oil Repairing Shampoo
- John Frieda Frizz Ease Flawlessly Straight Shampoo
Don’t have time? Here is a quick comparison of our favorites!
Top 8 Hair Straightening Shampoos
Our hair experts’ team researched some of the most well-known hair straightening shampoos in the market before coming up with the best ones for our readers.
But before jumping into details, let’s first compare some of the top straightening cleansers for better understanding.
Ranking Position: 1
Our Opinion: A Budget-friendly Option
The reason this OGX Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo ended up being our top choice is that this shampoo not only comes with all the “must-have” ingredients we look for, making our hair straightening process easier, but it also proved itself to be the most suitable shampoo to use after straightening hair (chemically relaxed or straightened).
We label it as extremely suitable for both before and after straightening hair because of its super bled of conditioning agents, silicones, and sulfate-free nature.
The dimethicone (also referred to as silicone oil) coats hair completely, while the amodimethicone makes the coating stick better to the strands.
So that you can enjoy a quicker straightening session after you wash your manes with this cleanser.
Furthermore, besides keratin protein and coconut oil, this cleanser’s formula contains avocado oil, which is also super moisturizing.
The oleic acid and monounsaturated fats present in this oil help it penetrate deep into the hair shaft, making them well-moisturized and nourished from the inside out.
They are easy to style, and the style remains in place for an extended time period.
This shampoo formulation also contains cocoa butter that nourishes your manes perfectly and replenishes the moisture lost due to chemical treatments (relaxing, straightening, and Brazilian keratin) to give your manes a healthy look and feel.
Because of its “over the top” conditioning and moisturizing ingredients, this OGX Ever-Straightening Shampoo is suitable for all hair types.
From fine to thick, curly, natural, or damaged hair, this cleanser will wash all the dirt and buildups from your manes gently without making them dry and brittle (its sulfate-free guys!).
- Can also be used on color-treated manes
- Incorporates an irresistible coconut fragrance for a spa-like feel
- Also comes in conditioner form to provide the best results
Check this review:
- Pack of 2, 13 Ounces Each
- An exclusive blend of antioxidant rich cocoa nut oil along with lush keratin proteins to strengthen and soften the hair, while organic avocado oil and cocoa butter smooth the cuticle for straight, strong tresses, adding a brilliant glow and luminescent shine.
- Sulfate & sodium free.
- Safe for color treated hair.
- Transform your hair into silky smooth locks with this exclusive blend of organic cocoa nut oil, rich keratin proteins, avocado oil and cocoa butter.
Ranking Position: 2
Our Opinion: Suitable for All Types of Hair
We consider this Nature Lux as one of the best shampoos for straightening hair because it offers more than what we look for in a straightening shampoo for all types of hairs.
However, because it contains argan oil instead of coconut oil (our top choice nourishing oil), it is in our list’s second position.
Other than this minor gripe, this cleanser is a great one for your precious hair.
Let’s start by discussing the hair conditioning agents present in this wonder shampoo.
Besides keratin protein and “liquid gold” argan oil, Pure Nature Lux also incorporated a mixture of vitamins and nutrients in this cleanser that penetrates deep inside each hair strand and relaxes the cuticle layer.
To make your manes well-moisturized, soft yet strong, so that when you apply heat to them, the heat is quickly absorbed, resulting in faster straightening without any burns or damages.
Additionally, this cleanser can also be considered the best straightening shampoo for curly hair because of its deep hydrating and nourishing properties.
It fights frizz actively and smoothens the “hard to flatten” curly tresses for an effortless straightening procedure.
Furthermore, besides drying sulfate, this shampoo is also free from Parabens, Sodium Chloride, Gluten, and Phthalates, which not only dries your manes out and damages them but are also linked to severe skin irritations, cell damage, and even cancer.
- Comes in a pump bottle for easy, effortless dispensing
- Works excellent on men’s hair
- Contains a UV protectant to shield your manes from the sun
- Pure Nature Lux Spa provides a 100% Money Back Guarantee
- MOROCCAN ARGAN OIL SHAMPOO: Hydrates and restores moisture levels. Safe and Healthy for Colored & Keratin Treated Hair. Contains a UV and Thermal Protectant with Vitamins and Antioxidants, that Nourish and Repair hair from daily use of a blow dryer, straight iron or curling iron, or chemically treated hair. Recommended by Professional Stylists for all hair types, especially those with frizzy, curly, wavy, fine or thick hair.
- BEST LUXURY HAIR CARE WITHOUT SACRIFICING YOUR HEALTH: Contains NO Sulfates, Parabens, Sodium Chloride, Gluten or Phothalates. Researchers have found that shampoos containing sulfates and other harmful ingredients can cause itchy scalp, serious skin irritation and disease, hair loss and damage, and the ability to create nitrate compounds which have been linked to cancer and cell damage. Pure Nature contains NONE of these harsh chemicals.
- MOISTURIZING VOLUME AND CONTROL: This Deep Hydra Nourishing Shampoo gives hair beautiful structure, leaving it soft and manageable, producing incredible shine and life. Helps control and smooth frizzy hair, leaving your hair silky smooth; also softens and aids in curl definition. Contains Vitamin E that penetrates through the cuticle of the hair, resulting in hair that is stronger, thicker and younger looking.
- BEST VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY. We have XXL professional size of bottle more than 16 Fl oz. 100% Money Back Guarantee
- GIFT - Great gift for wife, mom, girl friend. colleague, family, Best Hair care gift in This Season!
Ranking Position: 3
Our Opinion: Ideal for Damaged, Dry, or Chemically Straightened Hair
Another of our favorite shampoo for straightening hair is this Hask Repairing Shampoo.
As it not only prepares your manes for a complete straightening process but also prevents your chemically straightened hair from tearing off by replenishing plenty of moisture and nourishment to them.
Aside from the must-have keratin protein and argan oil blend, this shampoo also has hydrolyzed soy protein in it, which is the flag bearer of hair care items.
The hydrolyzed soy protein increases hair’s moisture-binding properties so that your manes can absorb more moisture and nourishment from the other conditioning agents and become smoother.
This protein element also lessens the amount of damage your hair suffers due to heavy chemical treatments like permanent straightening and Brazilian blowouts.
Hydrolyzed corn protein, another type of protein present in this shampoo, also plays a great role in keeping your hair well moisturized and preventing breakage.
Namely, by taking the required nourishment deep into the cortex layer and hydrating them from the inside.
Moreover, all these conditioning proteins and components actively fight frizz, dryness, and split ends to make the manes healthy, smooth, and easier to straighten.
Furthermore, the mixture of Dimethiconol and Dimethicone (silicones) are also known to make your hair straightening process easier.
The Dimethicone coats the hair strands and provides a slip to them, while the Dimethiconol helps spread the Dimethicone evenly all over the hair.
Creating an excellent base for the straightening process.
Another excellent property of this cleanser is that it lathers like a sulfate shampoo while cleaning dirt and debris effectively from your hair even though it is sulfate-free.
- The formula is color-safe and can be used on colored hair as well
- Cruelty-free shampoo to provide peace of mind
- Has a refreshing citrusy scent to awaken your senses
Check this Hask hair haul:
- Quality you can trust from Hask
- Free of Sulfates and Parabens
- Strengthens and Repairs
- Aluminum starch free
Ranking Position: 4
Our Opinion: Best Shampoo for Sleek, Manageable Hair
This John Frieda shampoo scored the last position in our list because, unlike its competitors, this cleanser contains sulfate, a BIG NO-NO for straightening shampoos.
The sulfate dries down hair making them rough, brittle, and very tough to style.
Additionally, this cleanser doesn’t include coconut oil or argan oil in its formulation, which are our preferred oils for hair straightening shampoos.
Instead, it contains jojoba oil, which is excellent for reducing dandruff and promoting hair thickness but doesn’t have any part in the hair straightening process.
Nevertheless, the blend of this cleanser has a material called Cocamidopropyl Betaine that is derived from our favorite coconut oil and provides similar hair conditioning and the same smoothing results as coconut oil.
Namely, this shampoo has active silicone-like Dimethicone and keratin protein in its formula; it would be an excellent choice to straighten your unruly manes flawlessly.
The hydrolyzed keratin protein not only nourishes hair and makes them strong but, at the same time, fights frizz and flyaways for silkier and more manageable manes.
- Comes in a sleek plastic tube for easy storage
- Has a very floral scent to refresh the mood
- Also Safe for color-treated hair
- BLOCKS FRIZZ AND IMPROVES MANAGEABILITY - Flawlessly Straight Shampoo is formulated to help smooth, soften and fight against frizzy fibers to make straightening and styling easier.
- FORMULATED WITH KERATIN OIL - Our shampoo features Keratin and nourishes the unruly textures for softened, shiny hair
- CLEANSES DIFFICULT TO STRAIGHTEN HAIR - Set your hair up for successful straightening and styling without compromising the healthy look and feel of your hair with Flawlessly Straight Shampoo and Conditioner.
- SAFE FOR COLOR TREATED HAIR - Flawlessly Straight Shampoo is safe for color treated hair.
- NEW LIFE TO YOUR HAIR - Enhance shine while making your hair healthy looking and ensuring frizz protection.
You have to watch this amazing video on how to get rid of Frizzy Hair
Quick Comparison Table
|Must-have Features||OGX Ever-straightening + Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo||Pure Nature Lux Spa Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo||Hask Argan Oil Repairing Shampoo||John Frieda Frizz Ease Flawlessly Straight Shampoo
|Hair Oil||Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil||Argan Oil||Argan Oil||Jojoba Oil|
You may be unsure of the best shampoo for straightening hair and eliminating frizz. However, we are damn sure that Agave healing oil smoothing shampoo is the best for your hair. It is a blessing of natural ingredients for you. It gives all the richness of agave plants to your hair and scalp.
Its primary ingredient is agave plant sugar; this all-natural treatment gently removes build-up and grime from your hair and scalp. The agave plant extract aids in moisture retention and also restores pH balance. It is perfect for people with a sensitive and itchy scalp.
This shampoo has excellent moisturizing capabilities. You should expect such significant straightening and frizz-free results after the first wash. As the names suggest, it contains agave oil, which deeply nourishes both the scalp and hair. And give them a smooth, polished appearance.
What We Like
- Natural ingredients
- For sensitive/ itchy scalp
- Amazing Moisturizing capabilities
- Hair straightening capabilities
- Sulphate-free/ Paraben-free/ Phthalate-free
What We Don’t Like
- Expensive shampoo
- Can cause dryness
Check this honest review of the Agave Healing Oil Smoothing Trio:
- Rich-lather formula gently removes styling build-up, debris & dirt.
- Agave plant sugars help hydrate & preserve haircolor
This shampoo contains Keratin protein. Keratin Protein is the building block of hair. It means using this shampoo strengthens your hair. Keratin protects the hair from damage. Indeed, it improves damaged hair, split ends, and rough surface damage. This shampoo is a home keratin treatment for you.
This formulation locks the moisture into the hair, preventing it from drying out and frizzing. It works gently on keeping the straight, smooth, and shiny hair. The Pro-Keratin and Incell formula reduces roughness, while the botanical extracts deeply nourish the cuticles and help maintain the long strands of straightened hair soft and manageable.
It works on the hair lipids, increases your hair growth, and shines naturally. If you want perfectly straight hair. Go for it.
What We Like
- Pro-Keratin formula
- Repair damaged hair
- It makes hair glossy and healthy
- Affordable price range
- Cleanse hair & scalp
- Paraben-free/ Sulphate-free
What We Don’t Like
- Contain harmful chemicals
- Only Large size bottle available
- L'oreal Professionel Xtenso Care Shampoo
- Brand New, Never Used or Test.
- Pro-Keratine + Incell
- Contains: 250 ml
Kerastase is one of the most well-reputed and trustworthy brands. This brand is well-known among hair experts and is one of the most often used keratin treatment products. This shampoo makes your hair smooth, frizz-free, and manageable. It contains sulfates and salicylates, which give a unique glossy effect to your hair.
This shampoo claims for straight and unruly hair even in 80% humidity. It has glycerin and essential oils, which nourish your cuticles to give them a smooth finish. The Shorea oil and polymer silicones offer a healthy sheen to your hair while also moisturizing the roots, giving your hair a rejuvenated straight appearance.
This shampoo contains silicons. Silicon also protects your hair against heat. So, you can do any heat-styling hairstyle. This ingredient helps to keep moisture in hair by creating microfilm around the hair shaft.
What We Like
- Smooth and soft hair
- Straighten and frizz-free hair for an extended period
- Heat protective
- Provide deep nourishment
What We Don’t Like
- Contain Sulfates
- Contain silicons
Watch this video review:
- For dry hair never tested on animals Contains shorea oil to smooth hair cuticle
Is there anyone unaware of Keratin’s benefits? Keratin is an excellent component that effectively combats frizz and leaves your hair straighter and shinier. This shampoo contains Keratin and Marula oil which intensely moisturize the scalp and hair cuticles.
It also reduces hair fall and increases hair growth. You can see the results after just 1st wash. You observe your unruly hair completely changes into smooth and straight hair. It is a sulfate-free product that is suitable for both natural and chemically straightened hair.
What We Like
- Repair Damaged hair
- Hair Straightening
- Lathers well
- Variety of size and volumes
What We Don’t Like
- Contain Sulfates
- Strong fragrance
- Not for colored hair
- For Smooth, Easy to Style Hair
- Gently Cleanses & Smooths
- Lower* Sulfate Formula
- Professional Quality
Reasons for Not Recommending The Below:
We don’t consider this Bel Air shampoo as one of the best hair straightening shampoos because:
- This shampoo formula doesn’t incorporate silicone, which is a must-have ingredient for straightening shampoos.
- There is no keratin or keratin protein present in this hair cleanser.
- The plum seed oil makes hair stronger but does not directly assist in the straightening process.
This Coconut straightening shampoo didn’t end up being on our best list since:
- The shampoo doesn’t contain silicone or silicone-based substances, which is extremely important for the hair straightening routine.
Top 3 Hair Straightening Conditioners
This conditioner is best for people with dry and frizzy hair. The advanced formula containing artificial chemicals for hair straightening and smoothing gives you perfect results. You can get smooth, silky, and glossy hairs overnight, just after using it once.
This creme is an excellent choice for individuals with colored or treated hair. Following hair dying and heat treatment, the hair becomes extremely dry and coarse. This helps to moisturize the dehydrated and damaged hair. It repairs the heat damage.
What We Like
- Frizz controlling
- Smooth hair texture
- Applied over-night
- Nourish the dry hair
What We Don’t Like
- Contain sulfates
- Blocks frizz all day
- Protects and prolongs color
- Contains sunscreen
It is actually the hair repair mask, and hair experts highly recommend this masque. It contains all minerals and artificial ingredients, which demonstrates astounding outcomes. You can buy this salon-quality deep conditioner that hair specialists and salons primarily utilize.
When you apply the masque to your hair, it gives all the goodness to damaged areas of hair, deeply nourishes the dehydrated hair. Your hair becomes super silky and healthy. Your hair strands look like a barbie doll.
What We Like
- Hair straightening and nourishing
- For silky and shiny hair
- Easily available
What We Don’t Like
- Little bit expensive
- Harmful chemicals
Check this video review:
If you are dealing with dull and dry hair, this system is the best solution at a very affordable price. It claims to straighten frizzy and dull hair. It has an excellent, mild formula that leaves hair healthy and lustrous. The formula contains all the effective ingredients to control hair frizz.
It is formulated with natural herbs, oils, and sunflower to help control frizz for 48 hours. These oils fulfill the deficiency of oil in the hair and scalp. This conditioner is sulfate-free, which is a plus point of its use. It does not damage hair health. It is safe for color-treated hair.
What We Like
- Contain essential oils
- Control hair frizz
- Does not affect hair color
What We Don’t Like
- Intense Smoothing Conditioner
- Intense Smoothing Conditioner
- Intense Smoothing Conditioner
Hair Straightening Shampoo Buying Guide
How Does Hair Straightening Shampoo Work?
Before discussing how straightening shampoo works, let’s first make it very clear that, even though it is called hair straightening shampoo, it will never be able to replace your flat iron or produce the same results.
Even the best straightening shampoos are, at the end of the day, just a rinse-out product that stays in your manes for a few minutes.
Thus, you can’t expect a great deal from a product that stays in your hair for such a short period of time.
Nevertheless, hair straightening shampoos are becoming more popular with each passing day, proving that they are useful and deliver.
So, what does hair straightening shampoo actually do? And how?
This special kind of hair cleanser makes it easier and quicker for you to straighten your hair with a flat iron or another straightening tool.
The high amount of heat-activated substances, like silicones and silicone-based ingredients, and heavy-duty conditioning agents present in these types of shampoos form microfilm around the hair shafts.
These hair shafts lock in hair’s moisture and seal the cuticles from the inside out and prevent the strands from absorbing moisture and nourishment from the surrounding environment.
Ensuring that your flat ironing process is faster and the straightening result lasts longer than usual.
A faster straightening process means the manes are less exposed to heat and would suffer less heat damage.
Moreover, hair straightening shampoos work wonders in your manes even in high humidity regions because of this microfilm property.
Furthermore, besides straightening your tresses quickly, the microfilm also smooths down the hair locks and makes them shinier and more vibrant.
READ MORE: Shampoo Vs Conditioner: What are the Differences?
Advantages of Hair Straightening Shampoo
The benefits of hair straightening shampoo are:
- It reduces and eliminates frizz and flyaways from your hair, leaving it silky and smooth.
- It makes it easy to detangle your hair; it doesn’t form knots and crimps in the hair.
- Makes sure less time and heat are required to style your manes with a heated styling tool.
- Ensures hair stays straighter for longer than usual.
- Adds luster and shine to your hair locks.
Disadvantages of Hair Straightening Shampoo
Some of the drawbacks of straightening shampoo that you should know about are:
- The microfilm created by this shampoo-type is water-resistant and might be quite difficult to remove from your hair; this can lead to build-up in your hair and scalp, making them greasy and itchy.
- To remove this film, you will need a strong sulfate-based shampoo, making your hair super dry and causing severe damage.
Note: nevertheless, these disadvantages don’t take away from the wonderful benefits of these shampoos.
When you need to remove the microfilm, wash your manes with a strong sulfate-based shampoo and then apply a moisturizing conditioner to restore the lost moisture and prevent your manes from drying out.
How Do Shampoos and Conditioners Help Us?
We are living things. As we need food for growth and energy, Our hair also needs nourishment to stay healthy and shiny. Our hair is made up of Keratin protein. Having healthy & smooth hair enables us to appear our best and maintains the health of our hair and scalp. Due to the harsh environment and pollution, our hair gets damaged.
Shampoos and conditioners act as food for the hair. The shampoo does not simply remove filth and build-up from the scalp; instead, the chemicals and minerals contained within are the true game-changers.
These shampoos provide all the essential minerals and nourishment to the hair.
Conditioner is a slightly distinct entity. It has nothing to do with the scalp or hair cleanliness. It is truly made for the fall of hair, not for the scalp. These conditioners are actually the protein and mineral shake for hair health. They profoundly nourish the hair, stimulating the follicles to become more healthy, manageable, and shiny. It is a post-shampoo step that softens and smooths the hair after cleansing
Things to Look for While Choosing a Hair Straightening Shampoo
We mentioned before that hair straightening shampoo, and “normal” shampoo look and are used in the same way.
But it’s the list of ingredients that makes all the difference.
This section will discuss the ingredients that must be present and the ones that should be avoided when getting the best straightening shampoo.
Does the Presence of Silicone Really Matter?
Silicone is the most important substance that needs to be present in a straightening shampoo.
Hair experts emphasize silicone because it is one of the most effective ingredients available that makes your hair frizz-free, sleek, and more manageable.
This heat-activated material covers the hair strands with a thin hydrophobic (waterproof) layer that provides the much-needed slip to the tresses and smoothens the hair cuticle, seals in the moisture, and refuses any moisture loss from the inside of the manes.
Allowing the heat to easily reach the hair’s inside and precisely straighten your manes with a flat iron.
You must also know that the hair strands that are less likely to attract and lose moisture are more likely to stay straight for an extended period of time.
Moreover, you also should know silicone is not a single item.
It’s a large class of material usually recognized by names ending in ‘cone, conol, and xane.’
The most common and effective silicones found in straightening shampoos are:
- Polydimethylsiloxane or PDMS
- Phenyl Trimethicone
- Cetearyl Methicone
Why Is Keratin Protein So Important?
Keratin protein (keratin hydrolysates) is a protein that makes up your hair, skin, and nails.
Since it is the building block of your hair, the protein’s presence is significant in your straightening shampoo.
It gets inside the hair shaft and relaxes the cuticle layer so that it is well nourished and strong, becoming more resistant to damage and breakage.
Additionally, when you apply high heat to the hair for straightening purposes, this keratin protein will ensure that your precious tresses don’t suffer from burns or damages and are straightened properly.
Besides making the hair straightening session safer for you, the keratin protein also acts as an incredible conditioning agent for your manes.
It helps to eliminate frizz and flyaways from your tresses and gives them a glossy look and feel healthy and manageable.
Keratin protein is usually listed under the following names in a straightening shampoo:
- Keratin Protein
- Hydrolyzed Keratin
- Cocoyl hydrolyzed keratin
- Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed keratin
What’s the Role of Hair Oils in a Straightening Shampoo?
The different types of oils in a straightening shampoo work as a conditioning agent for your hair.
By this point, we all know that conditioning agents are super important to prepare the hair strands for a quicker and more precise straightening session.
Even though a shampoo formula may contain several hair oil types, we prefer coconut oil the most.
Mainly because coconut oil can go deep into the hair follicle and nourish the strands from the inside out so that they are well-moisturized and soft.
This makes straightening your hair fast and effortless.
This miracle oil also helps to calm down frizz and reduce split ends for healthier locks of hair.
Another type of oil we prefer in straightening shampoos is argan oil. The reason behind favoring this “liquid gold” oil is that it acts as a hair conditioner.
This oil is rich in vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, and antioxidants.
Furthermore, it moisturizes your hair and makes them softer and silkier than before.
Why We Don’t Prefer Sulfate
Many shampoos in the market contain sulfate because it is one of the most prominent components that create lather.
Still, we don’t prefer sulfate in hair straightening shampoos because this material strips away moisture and natural oils from the hair strands making them dry, brittle, and tough to straighten.
Furthermore, if you already have relaxed or permanently straightened hair locks, we would recommend you to keep sulfate shampoos at arm’s length.
Namely, because chemically treated manes are already fragile and delicate, and washing them with sulfate would damage them and cause the style to wear off quickly.
Quick Summary of the “must-have” Ingredients
Let’s sum up the “must-have” features/ingredients of hair straightening shampoo so that it’s easier for you to buy the most effective one.
- Presence of Silicone: Must
- Presence of Keratin Protein: Must
- Presence of Different Hair Oils:
- 1st Preference: Coconut Oil
- 2nd Preference: Argan Oil
- Sulfate-free: Must
Do hair straightening shampoos work?
- Yes, they significantly aid in straightening the hair. However, all of these treatments are for a temporary period.
Our Final Words
Each shampoo and conditioner we have reviewed above can straighten your unruly manes flawlessly.
They nourish, hydrate, and control frizz completely so that your hair is well-prepared and responds incredibly to the straightening regime you are about to adopt.
We suggest you shed off all the skepticism and try any of the above-mentioned shampoos to experience the wonderful results for yourself. Additionally, make sure to take a look at of the other articles available at Instraight.
- STRENGTHEN AND SOFTEN: an exclusive blend with coconut oil, keratin proteins, avocado oil and cocoa butter helps to strengthen and soften the hair, while helping to smooth the cuticle for strong tresses, adding a brilliant, luxurious glow and luminescent shine
- WORKING TOGETHER: one exotic ingredient is awesome, but four can do so much more; in this exclusive blend with coconut oils, keratin proteins, avocado oil, and cocoa butter, these unique ingredients work together to help bring brand new life to your hair
- HOW TO USE: after shampooing, apply conditioner generously to hair, working through ends; leave in for 3-5 minutes, then rinse hair thoroughly; for best results, use with a smoothing shampoo to renew your hair with a fresh, invigorating softness and shine
- BEAUTY, PURE AND SIMPLE: induge your hair the way nature intended with OGX's commitment to sustainable ingredients; we'll never ask what you want to fix about your hair, we just want to know what you love about it, so that we can make you love it even more
- ROCK WHAT YOU GOT: the hair you have makes you, you; be proud of those unique locks; here at OGX, unattainable looks don't inspire us but originality does, that's why we love being different; we approach beauty in our own way, and we hope that you will too
- 1. How straightening shampoos work [Internet]. Thebeautybrains.com. 2021 [cited 2021 Dec 6]. Available from: https://thebeautybrains.com/2008/06/how-straightening-shampoos-work/
2. Romanowski S. Straightening Shampoos: Do They Work? [Internet]. SELF. SELF; 2012 [cited 2021 Dec 6]. Available from: https://www.self.com/story/how-straightening-shampoo-works
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Lily is the Editor-in-Chief and one of the writers here on InStraight and ThoseGRACES.com. Growing up with thick hair that has a mind of its own, she’s always been passionate about finding the gentlest yet most effective products to help tame her wild mane. You can find more about her HERE. FOLLOW HER on FACEBOOK.
Last update on 2022-08-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API